Explore Knowledge Articles
Purchased a new home with a Caseta System already installed
Are you selling your home and leaving your Caseta system for the new homeowner? Review the article "Selling your house with Caseta Wireless System" for more information.
1: Confirm you have a Caseta System
2: Confirm you have a Caseta Smart Hub
3: Connect the Hub to your router
4: Download the Lutron App and connect to the existing Smart Hub
Section 1: Confirm you have a Caseta System
Caseta dimmers and switches have a unique look. Here is what the majority of controls look like:
If you have dimmers and switches like the ones above, proceed to Section (2).
To learn more about Caseta products, please visit www.casetawireless.com.
Confirm your system includes a Caseta Wireless Smart Hub. The Smart Hub allows you to connect to your system remotely via your smartphone or tablet, as well as program your Caseta devices to scenes or schedules through the Lutron app.
The previous homeowner may have taken it with them for use in their new home. The hub has to be plugged into ethernet so it is usually located near a router. Here is a picture of what the Caseta Wireless Smart Hub looks like:
There are 2 model numbers available (L-BDG2-WH or L-BDGPRO2-WH). To learn more about the Caseta Smart Hub review the article "The Caseta Smart Hub (formerly Smart Bridge)".
"Smart Hub (formerly Smart Bridge) Setup and Troubleshooting" article for more information.
2. Select Homeowner and Get Started.
3. Create an account using a valid email address and password. Confirm the email address is typed correctly.
4. Confirm the smart hub and your phone are connected to the same network.
5. Add a home to your Lutron app and press the button on the back of the hub when prompted.
6. Set the correct time and location for the hub.
7. Once complete, the Lutron app will take you to your system's home screen where it will display any previously programmed devices, scenes, or schedule.
CONGRATULATIONS! You have now successfully taken over an existing Caseta system.