This article will cover the following topics
- What is the systems range
- What devices can be used to extend the range
- Can I use a repeater and a range extender in the same system?
What is the Caséta systems range?
- The Range of the Caséta system is 30ft from the the Smart Hub (formerly Smart Bridge) to any device in the system unless a repeater or a range extender is used.
- When a Repeater or range extender is used it will extend the range of the system another 30ft from their location.
- Ensure the range extender is within 30ft of the Smart Hub
- Ensure the Repeater is within 60ft of the Smart Hub
What devices can be used to extend the range of the Caséta system?
- The first lamp dimmer (PD-3PCL) that you add into the system will automatically become a range extender.
- You can only have 1 lamp dimmer act as a range extender in a Caséta system.
- A wireless repeater (PD-REP-WH)
- The repeater can be installed 60' from the Smart Hub and provides an additional 30' radius of Clear Connect RF coverage
Can I use a repeater and a range extender in the same system?
Yes, if you add the lamp dimmer first and then add the repeater you can use both devices to extend the range of the system. It is recommended to use the repeater when only 1 of these devices is needed.