This article covers the basics of integrating the RA2 Select and Caséta systems with Samsung SmartThings. SmartThings is a Smart Home system that can create routines, conditional statements, and control a variety of Samsung or 3rd party products such as TVs and appliances.
- Plug in the Smart Bridge and connect it to the router
- Download the Lutron app and follow the direction
- Set up your Samsung SmartThings system and SmartThings app
- Once both apps are setup, follow Samsung's instructions to integrate the Caséta devices to SamrtThings. For steps in their app, click here .
Common Questions and Answers
What do I need to use SmartThings with Caséta?
- A Caséta system with any Caséta Smart Bridge
- A SmartThings account (SmartThings Hub required)
- There are no specific software or hardware versions required
Can I use shades with SmartThings?
Can I activate scenes with SmartThings?
- Scenes from Caséta and RA2 Select cannot be imported into SmartThings.
Can I use Picos to control my SmartThings?
- Not at this time.
How do I add my devices to routines and SmartApps within SmartThings?
- Navigate to the automation screen in the SmartThings and, then choose the tab for Routines or SmartApps and select the Routine/SmartApp that you want to add your devices to. From there simply follow the prompts on the screen to assign the device to the Routine/SmartApp.
Does SmartThings work with my Connect Bridge?
- No. Although the name includes "(Connect)" that simply indicates that it is an Account Connection SmartApp. There is no planned integration with SmartThings and Lutron Connect.
How do I remove devices from SmartThings?
- In the SmartThings app, navigate to "My Home" on the bottom menu. Once in "My Home", navigate to "Things" on the top menu. Select the Thing that you want to remove and then click the Settings Cog in the upper right. You can remove the device from SmartThings by clicking "Remove". This does NOT affect your Caséta/ RA2 Select system.