OverviewThis guide describes how to add a schedule in the Lutron App to turn devices on/off at specific times or based on the time of day.
Things to keep in mind:
- Schedules set the lights at a specific time on the days selected. If you want to have lights turn on and then turn off, you have to make two Schedules that work together.
- Schedules depend on the Smart Bridge or Main Repeater having a proper internet connection so that they can have accurate time. If the time is unable to be retrieved from the internet, the Schedules may not fire at the proper time.
- Sunset and sunrise times are calculated without considering weather. It is possible that on a dark day due to clouds, it appears that a sunset-schedule triggered after it was dark.
View the video guide to Create a Schedule for Caséta / RA2 Select Video Guide
1. Tap on the "Schedules" tab on the Home Screen in the Lutron App,
Step by step instructions
2. Then tap "+Add Schedule"
3. When creating a new schedule, you will first need to check the days that you would like the schedule to run and click next.
4. Now choose the time of day you would like the schedule to run (Start) and click next
5. Create a unique name for this schedule (Example: Lights for Dog) and click next
6. Choose the devices you want to include in the schedule along with the level you would like the lights to be at when the schedule is triggered. Once finished, select Done.
7. Now your schedule has been created, you will be prompted to set another schedule these lights off at a later time.
Note: A single schedule can trigger one action for a device or group of devices (Ex. Turn a light to 100%). The devices will remain at this level until another schedule, scene, or manual action is initiated.
Best Practice: Determine if you need a second schedule to reverse the action of the first schedule at some point in the future (Example: If you schedule your outdoor lights to come on at Sunset, create a second schedule to turn them off at Sunrise).
8. After clicking "Ok", You should be able to see the new schedule under the "Schedules" section in the app
Congratulations, your schedule is now active.