Explore Knowledge Articles
Why are my Lights turning On & Off unexpectedly? How to check Automations in the Alexa App that may be causing unwanted behavior of lights within the Lutron System
This article details the steps to identify and disable Alexa automations that may be turning Lutron devices on and off automatically.
This article is expected to take less than 5 minutes to complete.
Knowledge Article Contents:
Before You Begin
Before You Begin
Access the Settings screen of the Alexa app by following the steps below:
- Open the Alexa app and tap on the More button in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on Settings in the More screen.
- Scroll down past the section called Alexa Preferences.
- Stop when you see Guard and Hunches.
Follow the steps below to review and remove your Lutron devices from Alexa Hunches:
- Tap Hunches in the Settings screen of the Alexa app.
If you are unsure how to access Hunches in the Alexa app review the steps above in Before You Begin.
- Tap on the Settings icon in the top right corner of the Hunches screen.
- Select Lights under the Automatic Actions section.
- Toggle Turn off the lights if you’re asleep and Turn off the lights when you’re away into the off position.
- Tap Lights - Choose which lights Alexa can control when she has a hunch under the Devices section.
- Uncheck all the Lutron devices in the Lights list and press the back button.
You have successfully disabled any Alexa Hunches from controlling the lights!
To manage Alexa Guard features, review the solution provided at Amazon Help & Customer Service.
Are the lights that your Caséta switch is controlling flickering or flashing? Review the troubleshooting steps in Flickering / Flashing LED Lights with Caséta Dimmers.