Explore Knowledge Articles
What fans can I control with the PD-FSQN?
This article will cover the different scenarios where you can and cannot use the Caséta Fan Control, PD-FSQN. For each scenario, the Caséta Fan Control can only control the fan itself and will not be able to control a light kit installed on the fan.
Before You Start
A single fan without a light attached
This is the standard application for this product and you can follow the instructions in this Installation Guide.
A single fan with a light attached and a single control on the wall
This PD-FSQN will only control the fan, not the lighting load.
- If the old control has a separate wire for controlling the fan and a separate wire for controlling the light, you will need an additional light switch or dimmer to control the light (Ex. PD-6WCL)
- If the old control has a single wire for controlling the fan and the light, this control will not work.
- If the old control has a single wire but only controls the fan and NOT the light, you can replace your old fan control with the Caséta Fan Control.
A single fan with a light attached and two controls on the wall (One for Fan Speed, one for the light)
- You can replace the fan control with the PD-FSQN and can continue to use the light switch separately.
Use Common Features
- You can control this product wirelessly using a Pico remote (Ex. PJ2-3BRL-GWH-F01)
- You can save your favorite fan speed by first setting the fan to the desired speed then pressing and holding the middle button for 10 seconds until the LED blinks.
- Caseta Fan Control features quick overview
Did You Know?
- This product is compatible with the Caséta Wireless system. When paired with the system you can:
- Control your fan speed using Alexa or Google Home
- Control the fan when you are away from home using the Caséta App
- Create scenes with your Fan and Light controls to set the mood quickly right from your phone!
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! We appreciate your feedback!