Before you Start
- Keep your existing Bridge connected to your network
- All programming for your home system is stored on the Caséta Smart Bridge and RA2 Select Main Repeater, replacing your Smart Bridge or Main Repeater will require you to complete
- Reprogram your home system starting with devices scenes and schedules.
- Reestablish integrations with third party devices and services
- Note: This article applies to RA2 Select and Caséta, not for Radio RA2 systems.
I still have my old Smart Bridge or Main Repeater
- Sign-in to your Lutron App
- Delete all the devices associated to the Smart Bridge or Main Repeater by going to
- Click on a Device name
- Click Edit Device
- Select Delete Device
- Repeat for each device on the system
- Once all devices are deleted, Go to Settings>Account>Remove Account
- This will remove the account from the bridge and also send a message to the server to disassociate the account and the old bridge
- Disconnect the old Smart Bridge or Main Repeater from the network
- Plug-in the new bridge and in the Caséta app select "Get Started"
- Select "Create new account" and then you should be able to enter you old email address since it has been removed from your old bridge.
- The app should then start the normal setup procedure
Note: Sometimes there will be cached data that makes it look like there are 2 bridges on the network. If this happens be sure to select the MAC address of the new bridge which can be found on a label on the underside of the bridge (Example MAC Address: 00:0a:95:9d:68:16)
I no longer have access to my old Smart Bridge or Main Repeater
- In this scenario, you will need to make your current email address on the account available for the new bridge. First, go to the website https://device-login.lutron.com
- Sign in with the email address and password you currently use to login to your Caséta account
- Once logged in, click on, "Change Email," on the top left of the screen
- Change your email address to a fake email address
- Tip: Add a 0 to the front of the email you currently use
- After this is saved, you can close your browser and start setting up your new bridge
- Select "Get Started" in the Caséta app (instead of Sign In)
- Then "Create a new account" using the desired email address.
Trouble adding an old device to the new bridge after setup?If a device (dimmer, switch, etc.) will not pair with the new Bridge or Main Repeater, you may need to default that device.
To do this, follow this video