There are two main reasons you would need to upgrade your Caséta / RA2 Select Bridge firmware:
1. During the initial setup of your new Bridge / Main Repeater in the app. You may get a message to upgrade the firmware to the latest version and an on screen prompt in the app to start the process.
2. Lutron periodically pushes firmware updates to the bridge/main repeater automatically. If there is an issue with the automatic update, you may need to manually update it.
Firmware updates are important to ensure you have access to the latest features of the system.
Caséta Firmware Update ProcessThe Lutron App will notify you in the event that the Bridge / Main Repeater needs a firmware update.
Note: The below message is typically seen with new system setups or when an updated firmware revision is available in the app.
3. The software should advise that the Bridge / Main Repeater is updating and that this could take 8-15 minutes. In many cases, it is quicker. The light ring around the Caséta bridge should be flashing in a circular motion during this process to indicate the unit is receiving the firmware update.
If you receive an error message such as "A network problem has occurred during the firmware update", please check the following:
1. Make sure your phone is connected to the same network that the Bridge/Main Repeater is connected to.
- For dual band routers, your phone needs to be on the same band/frequency as the Bridge/Main Repeater
3. Leaving the Ethernet cable connected unplug for 10 seconds and plug the power back into the Bridge/Main Repeater.
- If the firmware is being updated, the LED on the Bridge/Main Repeater should flash in a circular motion.