RadioRA 3 System OverviewThis article will cover the following topics:
- What types of devices work with a RadioRA 3 system?
- What are the system limitations?
- What are the RF Range Specifications for the system?
What types of devices work with a RadioRA 3 System?NEW Sunnata RF Devices
Existing Lutron RF Devices
Click HERE for more info on RadioRA3 compatible system components
What are the system limitations?
- A RadioRA 3 system can have a maximum of one (1) Processor and (4) Repeaters for range extension.
- The RadioRA 3 processor works with new RadioRA 3 Sunnata Devices (Clear Connect-Type X) AND existing RadioRA 2/RadioRA 2 Select (Clear Connect Type-A) Devices
- Each processor controls up to 200 devices (including the processor and 4 repeaters) with the following limitations:
- RadioRA 3 Sunnata Devices (Clear Connect-Type X): A maximum of 100 Sunnata dimmers, keypads and switches can be added to a RadioRA3 system. The Sunnata companion dimmers/switches DO NOT count toward the 100 device limitation.
- RadioRA 2 / RA2 Select Devices (Clear Connect-Type A): A maximum of 95 Lutron RF devices can be added to a RadioRA 3 system. CLICK HERE for a complete list of compatible RadioRA 2 / RA2 Select devices.
What are the RF Range Specifications of the system?
- RadioRA 3 Sunnata Devices (Clear Connect-Type X) communicate using a wireless mesh topology. In order to assure proper communication, the following rules must be adhered to when designing the system.
- ALL Sunnata RF (Clear Connect-Type X) devices should be located within 75ft of the processor
- At least 2 Sunnata RF devices (not including companion dimmers/switches) must be located within 25ft of the processor
- Each Sunnata RF device (not including companion dimmers/switches) must be located within 25ft of two other Sunnata RF Devices
- RadioRA 2 / RA2 Select Devices: All Lutron Clear Connect-Type A devices must be within 30ft of the RadioRA 3 processor OR Repeater to assure proper communication.
- Repeaters must be within 60ft of the Processor OR another repeater