Explore Knowledge Articles
RA3 Clear Connect Type X Activation Guide
Knowledge Article Contents:
- Ensure the most recent version of the Designer Software is installed.
- Complete these steps are done while on-site
- Verify the most recent version of the Lutron App is installed, and a Bluetooth capable smartphone/tablet is in use.
1. Ensure at least one CCX Sunnata device has been added in the design tab.
2. Label the zone rooms and names for these controls, then program them to keypads/picos to preference.
3. Click the activation tab and change the drop down to clear connect type x devices.
4. Click “Sync with the system.”
- NOTE: This is a required step to transfer necessary database information for activation purposes.
5. Select yes to transfer to the system.
- If homeowner edits are found during this step make sure to sync them first.
- Issues? Click Here
After this step, enter the Lutron app to continue activation.
-Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on the phone/tablet and the Lutron App has Bluetooth access enabled on your devices.
-Check that the processor is at least 5ft away from any other source of 2.4GHz RF, and ensure the phone is not near any other 2.4GHz devices. This includes wireless headphones, watches, and other related devices.
6. Sign in as a professional with the appropriate myLutron account.
7. Select system type “RadioRA3”.
8. If the system has unactivated devices, it will prompt to activate them.
9. Select Yes.
10. Select the applicable room/s to activate devices in.
11. Select the appropriate device to activate.
-Not seeing a device? Click Here
12. Press and hold the instructed button on the device.
13. Press the image of the device to confirm the activation.
14. Continue with all devices that need to be activated.
-Device not activating? Click Here
15. Go back to the main screen of the app.
16. Return to your computer.
17. In designer software < Select “Get Device Status”.
18. Wait 15 minutes as instructed by the App, then perform a transfer.
- NOTE: A transfer is required if Clear Connect Type A devices have been added during the same activation stage, but have not received their own transfer. When unclear on transfer history, wait 15 minutes then perform one last transfer.
Action: Ensure there are no Bluetooth/2.4GHz capable devices nearby or connected to your phone including smart watches, earbuds, or other related hardware
Check to make sure that your device is within 25ft of 2 other type X devices and no further than 75ft from the processor.
Action: Verify a transfer has been completed from the Designer software after programming and activation. Afterwards, force close and re-launch Lutron app.
Action: For CCX devices, make sure to wait the full fifteen minutes after activation before attempting to transfer.
For any lingering issues with activated/transferred controls: Follow these steps if the related devices still fail the activation / transfer stage:
Action: Factory default related device/s, Delete from Design Tab, Force Full Transfer over the project (under advanced settings in transfer tab), Add device, re-activate the device, force full transfer to reapply the device to the database.