This article details the Spring Validation Test on Lutron Triathlon Configured Roman Shade Kits.
This article is expected to take 5 minutes to complete.
Knowledge Article Contents:
Before You Begin
3: How to Add and Remove Spring Modules
Before You Begin
IMPORTANT: Upper and lower limits must be set prior to running the spring balance validation test. The shade will travel up and down during the test; ensure there is ample clearance to allow free shade travel without obstruction or resistance other than the weight of the fabric. Click here to learn How to Reset Shade Limits.
The sections below will cover how to Run the Spring Validation Test and add or remove Spring Modules to balance Triathlon Configuration Roman Shade Kits:
1. Tap the Shade button. The LED lights GREEN.
2. Press and hold the Open and Raise buttons simultaneously.
3. Press and hold the shade button for 3 seconds, until the LED flashes GREEN rapidly. Release the button
4. Tap the Shade button. The LED lights GREEN. he shade moves automatically to gauge spring balance. It will move to the lower limit (if not already at the lower limit), then raise and lower once.
5. The shade button LED signals the test result. See below for blink code definitions.
NOTE: During operation or testing, the shade button LED may display blink codes not shown below, unrelated to the spring balance validation test. Issues with other shade features or functions may be indicated. For a complete list of other possible blink codes please see https://assets.lutron.com/a/documents/serena-triathlon-blink-codes.html
If your test passed, the shade is balanced and will move to its upper limit. The test is complete.
If your test Failed, the shade will remain at its lower limit.
If the Indicator Light displays a series of green blinks your shade is under-sprung. Please proceed to Spring Balancing a Triathlon Configured Roman Shade Kit for instructions on how to add spring modules.
If the indicator light displays a series of red blinks your shade is over-sprung. Please proceed to Spring Balancing a Triathlon Configured Roman Shade Kit for instructions on how to remove spring modules.
Click here for more assistance with Lutron Shade Blink Codes and Troubleshooting.