This article will cover the following topics:
- What is the difference between programming and configuring a RadioRA 3 system?
- Who can sell and program a RadioRA 3 System?
- How can I get training and have access to the PC programming software?
- Once I complete training, how long does it take for me to receive access to the PC Programming Software?
What is the difference between programming and configuring a RadioRA3 system?Programming requires PC Software: The PC software is required to initialize system set up for the first time and is used for any major editing or programming changes. This includes initial device activation, programming and integrations. Using the PC Programming software makes for a simple and efficient installation and programming process. NOTE: The PC Programming Software is only available to professional installers who have successfully completed on-line training.
Configuration requires the Lutron App: The Lutron app is used to tweak the system programming completed in the PC Software. The Lutron App can be utilized by the professional installer to remotely access into the system to make any small edits that do not require the PC tool. In addition, the Homeowner can do any subsequent editing that may be desired once the initial set up is completed by the professional. Multiple features are available for the customer to create the perfect environment without impacting the core programming.
RadioRA 3 is designed to be sold and programmed by a network of trained installation professionals. Access to the PC Programming Software is only available to installers who successfully complete Lutron's RadioRA 3 on-line training program.
Who can sell and program a RadioRA 3 System?
How can I get training and have access to the PC programming software?
- Do you have a myLutron account? If YES, then proceed to step 2. Don't have a myLutron account? You can register for one by going to the myLutron page.
- Press this link to start the online training today! We know that our support is necessary for your success as an installer, so we have created new online, self-service training modules to help you unlock the full potential of RA3. In the training course, you will learn:
- Design & programming
- How to explain the benefits of lighting control and motorized shading to clients.
Still have questions and need additional information. Your local Lutron Rep is able to work with you to make sure that you have all of the knowledge and support to successfully install RadioRA3 - including coaching on initial client calls and offering design and programming support for your initial installations.
Press the link below to request an appointment to meet with your local Lutron Rep.
Once I complete training, how long does it take for me to receive access to the PC Programming Software?
- RadioRA3 training can be completed online OnDemand on Lutron.com/LCIOnline.
- One you complete the RadioRA3 training final exam (EX 761), you are automatically provided with access to the RA3 software.
- Download the software directly from the link in the learning plan and use your same myLutron email and password to sign into the software.