In this article we will cover:
- How to convert a RadioRA 2 project to RadioRA 3.
- What RadioRA 2 products are supported in RadioRA 3?
- RadioRA 2 product not supported in RadioRA 3 and suggested product upgrades.
- How is programming handled during the conversion from RadioRA 2 to RadioRA 3?
- Tips for success, prior to starting an upgrade.
How to convert a RadioRA 2 project to RadioRA 3:
2. A warning box will appear with devices and features not supported in the conversion to RadioRA 3. It is recommended to save this information for future reference, select Save and Continue.
3. A project file conversion box will appear, select Yes to enable cloud remote services for the project, then select Apply Settings and Convert the Database.
4. Save the converted project. You have successfully converted a RadioRA 2 project to RadioRA 3!
RadioRA 2 products that are supported in RadioRA 3:
For additional RadioRA 3 compatible components and model numbers, click here .
RadioRA 2 products that are not supported in RadioRA 3 and suggested product upgrades:
How is programming handled during the conversion from RadioRA 2 to RadioRA 3?
The following programming items are converted from the RadioRA 2 database:
- Area Tree
- Device and zone names
- Single action and toggle programming
- Shared scenes
- Normal timeclock events
- Sensor programming
|RadioRA 2||RadioRA 3|
|RadioRA 2 Main Repeater(s) – support programming (each Main Repeater supports 100 Phantom Buttons – can be programmed using any programming model)||
RadioRA 3 – Phantom Keypads
|Selected Button Type: Path of Light||Path of light buttons are converted to:|
LED Logic – Room Logic
Button Type – Toggle
Selected Button Type: Timeclock Modes
|Only normal mode timeclock events will be converted.|
All other timeclock events (vacation mode, alternative mode, etc.) must be added manually to a new timeclock event and programmed to be enabled or disabled by a keypad button. Timeclock events assigned to buttons in RadioRA 2 do not convert.
Vacation mode programming (enable/disable) can be found under the program tab – “Vacation Mode”
Tips for success prior to starting upgrade:
- Check the project for any products not supported in RadioRA 3:
- GRAFIK T – we recommend converting to Sunnata.
- Wallbox Power Module (WPM) – we recommend converting to Sunnata PRO dimmers or Maestro dimmers (PRO for improved LED performance, 6ND if you are confident in LED performance).
- seeTemp keypad, Single Zone HVAC Controller, and/or Wireless TouchPRO thermostats – we recommend converting to a WiFi thermostat supported by RadioRA 3.
- After upgrading a RadioRA 2 system to RadioRA 3, you must remove the RadioRA 2 main repeater(s) from the wired Ethernet link. If you leave it connected, transfers from Lutron Designer to the RadioRA 3 system may fail and other unexpected system behavior may occur.
- NOTE: Do NOT factory reset the RadioRA 2 main repeater(s). This will result in a factory reset of all other wireless devices in the RadioRA 2 system and require re-activation of each device into RadioRA 3.