What does the Caséta Smart Bridge do?
- The Smart Bridge and Lutron App allow you to monitor and operate Lutron Caséta Wireless dimmers, Serena motorized shades, and a variety of other products via an internet connected device such as a smartphone, smart watch, tablet or smart speaker.
Do I need to have a Smart Bridge to use Caséta products?
- Caséta dimmers & switches are able to communicate directly to Lutron Pico remotes and do not require a bridge or wifi to function.
- A bridge is required if you wish to monitor or operate your Caséta products via a smart device or to integrate your system with other connected products such as smart speakers and thermostats. It is also required to create scenes or utilize timeclock scheduling of daily events. See key features listed below.
How does the Caséta Smart Bridge work?
- The Smart Bridge and the Lutron App communicate with each other via the internet. The Smart Bridge is connected directly to your home network router via ethernet cable. The Bridge communicates wirelessly to Lutron Caséta Clear Connect devices. This allows you to monitor and control your lights from anywhere in the world via the Lutron App on an internet connected smart device.
Do Caséta controls or the Smart Bridge use wifi for communication?
- NO Lutron Caséta products do not utilize your wifi or the internet to communicate within your home. All Caséta devices communicate via Lutron's Clear Connect wireless protocol. This allows you to operate your lights from within your home even if the internet or wifi are not working.
Note: For more information on what 3rd party A/V and Security systems the Pro Bridge controls, reference this webpage and scroll to the bottom for the current list.
Connecting Smart Bridge to the Home Network
The Caséta bridge does not connect to your home network via wifi. It must be connected directly to your router using the supplied ethernet cable. Click Smart Bridge Set-up & Troubleshooting for step-by-step installation instructions -or- follow the quick start guide below: