- Please see model options here. https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/369612.pdf
- For Pico Scene Keypad options (Must be used with Caseta Bridge System and programmed with App) please see link here. https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/3691066_ENG.pdf
General Uses and features for the Pico Remote
- Used on the other end of a 3-way application or Multi location applications where there is one Caseta dimmer and the other locations within the circuit are Pico remotes. This allows dimming at all locations and flexibility in the placement of where the other switch point can be placed in the home.
- Allows user to place the remote where they want it and not to be limited to where the wired dimmer/switch is located in the home.
- Can be used as a master On and Off device for quick control of whole system.
- 10 year battery life under normal use which is 10 triggers a day (one CR2032 battery included).
Rules for using the Pico Remote in the System
- You can pair up to 10 Pico remotes to one dimmer/switch.
- The Pico remote will control everything it is paired to at one time. Meaning if it is paired to 5 devices and you press "On" then all five devices will turn on.
- Pico must be placed within 60 feet line of sight of devices or the bridge and within 30 feet through walls and ceilings of devices or the bridge.
- Pico remotes count as a device towards the 75 device limit for the bridge systems.
Pairing the Pico remote:There are two different ways to pair a Pico remote with a Caseta device. If you have a Caseta Smart Bridge and are planning to use the Lutron App to control your Caseta system via a smart device, we recommend pairing your pico remotes via the Lutron App. Otherwise, you can pair the remote manually by proceeding to Section (2) Stand Alone Pairing.
Section (1): Pairing the Pico remote using the Lutron App
Pairing the Pico remote via the Lutron app is easy. Here are the steps to pair Pico remotes via the Lutron App:
- Make sure that all of the dimmers/switches you wish to pair to the Pico remote are already added to the App.
- To add devices to the app by going to Settings>Add Device>Select device option> press and hold "Off" button on device for 10 seconds or until the screen changes on the app.
- Add the Pico remote to the app by going to Settings>Add Device>Select the Pico Remote>Press and hold "Off" button on the remote for 10 seconds or until the screen on the app changes prompting you to place the device in a room and name it. If Pico remote is placed in the same room as the dimmer within the app, it will pair automatically. If placed in a separate room, you may need to tap on the Pico remote added from the "Device menu", then select "Edit Device", then "Devices" and simply check off the devices you want the Pico to control and select "Save".
- The Pico remote can be paired to more then one dimmer/switch in the app. You can always edit the Pico remote after paired to the app to accommodate this type of programming. To do so tap on the Pico remote as displayed in the "Device" area of the app, then select "Edit Device", then "Devices" and simply check off the devices you want the Pico to control and select "Save". Keep in mind that if the Pico remote is paired to multiple devices it will control them all at once with no way to separate control individually.
Section (2): Stand Alone pairing of the Pico remote
NOTE: You cannot manually pair a PICO remote to a dimmer or switch that has already been added to the Lutron App. You must pair the Pico via the Lutron App following the instructions in Section (1) if this is the case.
Press and hold the "Off" button on the dimmer/switch
Press and hold the "Off" button on the Pico Remote
Here is a link to a brief VIDEO on pairing the PICO remote manually without the Lutron App
Section (3): Setting the favorite level on the PJ2-3BRL Pico
Set the desired light level on the dimmer
Press and hold "favorite" button on remote
Here is a brief VIDEO on setting up the favorite button on your Pico Remote
Section (4): Pico Remote Mounting Options
Section (5): Un-pairing a Pico that was manually paired
In the event that you have incorrectly paired a Pico remote OR if you would like to change the controls that a Pico remote is paired with, please follow these instructions:
- Quickly tap the OFF button on the Pico wireless control 3 times and continue to hold it for 6 seconds after the third tap.
- Once the indicator LED comes on solid, quickly tap the OFF button 3 times. Note: DO NOT continue to hold the OFF button after the third tap.
- To test that the Pico wireless control has been successfully removed from the system, press the ON button and verify that the Pico wireless control no longer controls the load.
NOTE: This will remove all dimmers / switches with which it was previously paired
Section (6): Replacing the Pico Battery (CR2032)
- Place a flathead screwdriver into the slot at the bottom of the Pico wireless control. Twist to open. DO NOT press buttons without back enclosure on.
- Slide the battery out, toward the top of the Pico wireless control.
- Slide a new battery underneath the contact strap, with the (-) terminal toward the front of the Pico wireless control.
- Replace the back enclosure
- Confirm proper installation by turning the receiving device ON and OFF using the Pico wireless control.